The 41st Sandscove Fishing Competition 2020 went ahead this year with some changes to the usual format.
Even though I have lived in Ardfield for almost 20 years, I have always been working on the days when the competition is on, but due to Covid putting a pause on weddings for this summer, I finally got a chance to photograph the boats landing and the fish being weighed.
- Registration will take place from 11-12. Please arrive early as we are expecting a lot of boats and this will take a bit longer this year
- Registration will take place on the water where two boats will be moored together to take registration. These boats will be marked with a flag. This is to minimise gatherings on the strand.
- Please make your way to these boats as soon as you arrive to avoid delays
- We are encouraging as many people as possible to arrive by boat.
- Entry fee is reduced this year to 10 Euro per head. Please try to have correct amount for your boat to reduce money exchanging hands.
- When you arrive back to Sandscove, please return your fish boxes to the registration boats. The fish will be brought into the strand to be weighed by the committee and the boxes will be returned to you after the weigh in. Procedure for weigh in will be explained in full while registering
-Boats who are not committee members are not permitted to land on the strand. This is again to minimise a gatherings on the beach.
- There will be no prize giving on the day. The results will be published here on Sunday evening and each skipper will be notified of the results by text.
-Prize winners will be contacted during the course of the week and prizes will be given out accordingly.
We would like to thank everyone who has supported this competition over the years and we look forward to having a good day out on Saturday in these unusual times.
Sandscove Fishing Competition 2020